nuffnang

Monday, August 27, 2012

A Polkadot day out.

Hi everyone!

I'm so sorry its taken so long to happen but FINALLY getting my thoughts on the Polka dot vintage market in Perth up on the blog! (A lack of internet last week took its toll on my blogging mojo!)



On Saturday18th of August I headed off to Claremont showgrounds to indulge myself in a kid free morning of vintage goodies.
I wasn't disappointed. The Polka dot vintage market is just one of 3 markets help together in a pavilion. There is vinatge/antique home wear and furniture up the top and on the lower section is the handmade goodies and the vintage clothing area up the back.
I only made it to the two lower sections before I had to head home but you can read all about the upper section here on Kelly's blog www.yougotthatatanopshop.com

Although I was on a super strict budget for the day (Which unfortunately prevented me from making any serious purchases) I still picked up a couple of little goodies from On The Front Line (Some mini cleaver earrings and delightfully real looking cherry hair bow..only $13 for both!!)
I also got to meet the lovely Jewel from Jewel's wardrobe and Chris from Fresh Styles, I love meeting people who have commented on the Pathetic to Pinup Facebook page in real life!

I also got the details of many websites and stores that stock amazing vintage items or vintage styled items with a modern twist. I love Bettie Page dresses and I now know where to get them in Perth!

 My tip for these sorts of busy events is if you don't have the time or $$ on the day make sure you grab some details so you can check out whats on offer another time

I was really impressed with the variation of items up for sale, I just wish the vintage clothing sellers were given a little more space next time (I bet they are hoping so as well!)

For the next market in November (17th-18th) I will be taking along some extra money, more time and smaller heels! (My feet were killing me as I had been out the night before as well, the hangover wasn't really helping either)

So if you are a Perth local I might see you there in November!


Cheers
Cie



1 comment:

  1. Hey gorgeous lady! What a great post! I was eager to hear what you thought of the day haha, and I was laughing at your comment of wearing flatter shoes next time (and a smaller hangover!). Thank you so much for linking me in with this blog too, you're fabulous. Are you going to go to the next one??? xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...