nuffnang

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Music to my ears

Hi spunky folk.

I have just loaded a heap of previously purchased music on iTunes that I didn't have on my current laptop. A set of new headphones and a quiet Saturday night. Bliss?

Every time a new song comes on there is a memory that comes with it. A situation, a person, even a smell. Not all of the memories are good ones but with that comes the satisfaction of how far from the person I once was.

All of those memories, some of them terrible, some of them terrifying, most of them pretty upbeat. The feelings are still linked to the music that has become an unofficial soundtrack to the last 26 years of my life. And although not all positive they motivate me to make the next 26 full of happy memories to link to new songs.

Smells have the same effect. If I smell a man wearing "Joop" aftershave I freeze and have to force myself not to panic. Brut body spray reminds me of highschool. Calvin Klein "Be" makes me think of my husband.

There are alot of Demons hiding in there. But they will have a new purpose. My new gym playlist. Nothing motivates as much as anger. Prove all those f**kers wrong! I am better than them and better than they encouraged me to think I was. I'm fabulous! I am worthwhile.

Wow sorry two dark posts in one day.
Better do a fluffy one tomorrow!

Are there any songs that hold special memories for you? Good or bad.

Much love.
Cie

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! I've been following your website for a while now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Humble Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up the fantastic work!
    Feel free to visit my blog post ; what do you think

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sex Bomb by Tom Jones is my cleaning song. When I lived with my best friend we would clean in just our knickers, bras and socks while singing and dancing to Sex Bomb. Now I can't hear that song without smiling at the wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...